Hot Posts

6/recent/ticker-posts

Ewen MacIntosh obituary

Character actor who gained a cult following as the downbeat Keith in the TV sitcom The Office

Ewen MacIntosh, who has died aged 50, was an actor memorable for his supporting role as the accountant Keith Bishop in The Office, Ricky Gervais and Stephen Merchant’s sitcom set in the Slough branch of the fictional paper company Wernham Hogg.

“All we were told before the first day’s filming was that it was a mock documentary,” said MacIntosh. “The only benchmark I had was This Is Spinal Tap, which is pretty much my favourite comedy film. I thought, ‘Well, Christopher Guest, who plays Nigel Tufnel, just deadpans and chews gum, so maybe if I just deadpan and chew gum I’ll get away with it.’”

Continue reading...

Post a Comment

0 Comments