Hot Posts

6/recent/ticker-posts

Labour plays down row with Donald Trump over claim of US election interference – UK politics live

Environment secretary Steve Reed says trip to US involving Labour staffers not paid for or organised by Labour party

Greg Swenson, chair of Republicans Overseas UK, has said that, even if the Labour volunteering effort for the Democrats was not illegal, it was a mistake.

In an interview on Times Radio, asked if the initiative would backfired, he replied:

It’s hard to disagree with that. It is election interference. I think it’s a mistake. I think it will backfire not only on the Democrats here, on Kamala Harris, but I think it will backfire on Labour in some respects.

So, yeah, I think it’s uncool. I don’t know if it’s illegal, but I think it’s uncool.

[Trump and Farage] have been friends a long time. So the fact that Nigel supports Trump is just because they were friends long before the recent election. So anyway, I think it’s apples and oranges. And I don’t think it ends up hurting Trump to have him.

Underneath that philosophical ethical question are a whole series of practical ones about which I am deeply uncomfortable.

Candidly, when I think about this question of being a burden, I do not think that palliative care, end-of-life care in this country is in a condition yet where we are giving people the freedom to choose, without being coerced by the lack of support available.

Continue reading...

Post a Comment

0 Comments