Hot Posts

6/recent/ticker-posts

I’m happy to be called love, bab or even pet. But I’d travel miles to be someone’s duck | Adrian Chiles

When it comes to terms of endearment, you can’t beat the East Midlands. Even buying a coffee is a delight

At 8am on Sunday I was desperately short of fuel while heading north from Birmingham. I should have stopped at Tamworth, but I wanted to make my stop in the East, not West, Midlands. So I pressed on. It was Donington Park Services or bust. I made it. Excellent. Donington Park was perfect because it’s roughly at the point where Leicestershire, Nottinghamshire and Derbyshire meet. Peak East Midlands. This would do nicely.

There was a lot of toastie-based faff at Costa, so I went to Greggs instead, where, by the way, the coffee was really very good. But I wasn’t there for the coffee – I was there for the woman who served it to me. “Have a good day,” I said. “You too, duck,” she smiled.

Continue reading...

Post a Comment

0 Comments