Hot Posts

6/recent/ticker-posts

Hendrix, Jagger, Bowie and me: Terry Reid, the British pop outlier adored by the greats

He was courted by Led Zeppelin and Deep Purple, toured with Tina Turner and the Rolling Stones and was idolised by everyone from Aretha Franklin to Dr Dre. British pop’s nearly man tells his astonishing story

‘There are only three things happening in England,” Aretha Franklin announced to the world’s media during a visit to Britain in 1968. “The Rolling Stones, the Beatles and Terry Reid.”

I mention this to Reid and the 74-year old musician laughs. “See, I was playing a club in London,” he says, “and, down front, a young woman was really enjoying herself. I thought, ‘she certainly looks like Aretha Franklin’. But I discounted the possibility that it could be. Well, it was!”

Continue reading...

Post a Comment

0 Comments