Hot Posts

6/recent/ticker-posts

‘He edited my worst moments into a montage’: how UK police still ignore domestic abusers in their ranks

Four years on from a super-complaint over officers’ violence against women and girls, a new report finds little progress has been made on promised reforms

“Paula” was married to a Metropolitan police officer for more than a decade, during which time, she says, he attacked her with a knife, exhibited coercive and controlling behaviour and filmed her covertly in her own home 24 hours a day for several years.

“He’d provoke me and I would shout back while he sat there calmly because he knew the cameras were on. He wouldn’t let me sleep at night, so at times I was irritable with my child. He edited my worst moments on film into a montage and had me arrested for child cruelty,” Paula says.

Continue reading...

Post a Comment

0 Comments