Hot Posts

6/recent/ticker-posts

London-born Kwadwo Duah hopes to leap past England with Switzerland

Forward was a surprise inclusion in Swiss squad for Euros but has already made his mark on the tournament

He was the first player born in England to score at the European Championship this summer and on Saturday, for a place in the semi-finals, Kwadwo Duah will play … England. The 27-year-old, who was raised in Islington, London, but moved to Switzerland with his parents aged two, is a Chelsea supporter and among those perplexed at Cole Palmer’s lack of minutes in Germany. “He did a very, very good season last year,” says Duah. “I’m also thinking: ‘Why is he not playing?’ Because his stats were perfect. Let’s see if he starts at the weekend. I would say I’m a big Chelsea fan, my idol is Didier Drogba. I follow the Premier League.”

Switzerland have never made it as far as a tournament semi-finals but impressed against hosts Germany in the group stage, knocked out the holders, Italy, in the last 16 and are unbeaten in eight matches, so Duah does not expect Gareth Southgate’s side to underestimate them in Dusseldorf. “I don’t think so because I think they will have watched the game against Italy and we were pretty good,” he says, smiling. “So I don’t think they will do that. We want to show what we can and we want to play our game. We will see [what happens].”

Continue reading...

Post a Comment

0 Comments