Hot Posts

6/recent/ticker-posts

Euro 2024: final four confirmed with England to meet Netherlands in semi-final – live

  • Reaction from England and Netherlands’ win on Saturday
  • Get in touch! Share your thoughts in an email to Taha

Here’s what the man of the moment, Bukayo Saka, had to say last night about stepping up for his penalty, three years on from that miss against Italy at Wembley.

You can fail once but you have a choice whether you put yourself in that position again or not and I’m a guy that is going to put myself in that position. It’s something I embrace. I believed in myself and when I saw the ball hit the net, I was a very happy man.

I wasn’t focusing on the past – that’s done. I can only focus on now. Of course I know there’s lot of nervous people watching, my family included in the crowd, but I kept my cool and scored. We have some of best taker penalty takers in the world and we had talked about that if it did come to penalties, we would be confident. I’m happy we showed that today and scored five out of five.

Continue reading...

Post a Comment

0 Comments