Hot Posts

6/recent/ticker-posts

Sisterhood with a sexual edge! This is why I Kissed a Girl is unmissable viewing | Florence Scordoulis

The BBC has come up with a celebratory, joyful love letter to queerness, from butch football types to ‘edgy femme’ bisexuals

I’ve always seemed to miss the point with reality TV. Watching Love Island felt like wasting my life. I never understood why people were hooked on something so well-known for its toxic impact on mental health, for viewers and contestants. But, since watching BBC Three’s wholesome new queer dating show I Kissed a Girl, I finally see what all the fuss is about. I’ve binged every episode, and now that it’s ending tonight I’m heartbroken.

If you haven’t seen I Kissed a Girl, the show begins with 10 single women entering the masseriaa fancy, villa-esque Italian farmhouse. Striding across poolside, they must greet their matches with a club-style snog. And it only gets gayer. Activities and challenges (think: lots of chat about feelings) are designed to test their compatibility. Extra girls are thrown in to spice things up. Every few days, couples decide whether to recommit in the brutal kiss-off: a back-to-back countdown, where they either turn to kiss their partner, or don’t and save it for someone else. Anyone left unkissed is off the show.

Florence Scordoulis is a freelance journalist covering LGBTQ+ rights, women’s lifestyle and travel

Continue reading...

Post a Comment

0 Comments