Hot Posts

6/recent/ticker-posts

‘I could eat that girl for lunch’: the sexually explicit queer female pop topping the charts

Billie Eilish is the latest artist to sing frankly about sex between women – without it being titillation for men. Artists from King Princess to Girli explain why it’s taken so long

‘I could eat that girl for lunch / yeah she dances on my tongue, tastes like she might be the one.” So runs the chorus to one of the biggest pop songs of the year, Billie Eilish’s Lunch – the latest star to join a host of others singing about lesbian love, with lyrics full of tongues, touches, thighs and taste.

St Vincent also has an appetite on her new song Flea – “I’m just like a hungry little flea / Jumping on somebody’s warm body … I look at you and all I see is meat” – while lesbian trap star Young Miko plays with emoji-friendly food imagery on Princess Peach: “With a peach like that / who can be mad at you?” At Coachella this year, bisexual R&B singer Victoria Monét positioned her microphone like a strap-on (having previously sung praises to them) during a mouthwateringly sensual set, while Ludmilla’s viral performance featured a tender kiss with her wife at the close of raunchy love song Maldivas (“I can play all night and you can ask me for a replay”). Reneé Rapp’s set was introduced by the cast of lesbian drama The L Word, and Chappell Roan had thousands singing the chorus to Casual – “knee deep in the passenger seat, and you’re eating me out” – while clad in a T-shirt reading “Eat Me”.

Continue reading...

Post a Comment

0 Comments