Hot Posts

6/recent/ticker-posts

A bodybuilder pinches his bulging thigh – Sergio Purtell’s best photograph

‘This was taken at a small high school event. It was all about who could create the “perfect body” by working hard – and maybe becoming the next Arnold Schwarzenegger’

I’d been studying architectural design in Chile and thought I would do the same when I got to the US. But at university there, photography was one of my subjects – and the minute I put that first sheet of paper in the developer, it was magic to me. There is so much you can say in just one frame. I found it thrilling and overwhelming.

I’ve been living in the US for more than 50 years now and a lot of the pictures from my new book, Moral Minority, were made in the 1980s, when my notion of being a photographer was just beginning to form. The country was new to me and I wanted to figure out how to fit into it and how things worked.

Continue reading...

Post a Comment

0 Comments