Hot Posts

6/recent/ticker-posts

My daughter is five. Am I letting her down by not pushing her towards a future career? | Leading questions

Putting pressure on your child now won’t guarantee her future, writes advice columnist Eleanor Gordon-Smith – but it will guarantee your relationship with her changes

I’m a father of two, a five-year-old girl and a one-year-old boy. They are both happy and healthy and doing well in life. My daughter started school this year and loves it, she is leading her class in phonics and receiving great feedback from her teacher. But I keep hearing about child prodigies who had already started practising their crafts long before five.

From pianists to F1 drivers, it seems some kids are already well on their way, and I don’t know if I should be encouraging, or forcing, my daughter in one certain direction. I do a completely different job to my parents and didn’t settle till later in life. Am I letting my daughter down by not pushing her harder towards a future career?

Continue reading...

Post a Comment

0 Comments