Hot Posts

6/recent/ticker-posts

Dynamo looks back: ‘Deep inside, I’m still that kid from Bradford, and the pressure of wanting to succeed can get to me’

The magician on being bullied at school, how magic saved him, and the great-grandparents who helped raise him

Magician and illusionist Steven Frayne, aka Dynamo, grew up on the Delph Hill estate in Bradford. He started his career performing locally, before mastering street magic in London – doing tricks for the likes of Coldplay and Snoop Dogg backstage at gigs, and posting the footage on YouTube. He has since created some of the most famous large-scale illusions – including walking across the Thames and levitating above the Shard. His new show, Dynamo Is Dead, is out on 14 December on Sky Max and Now.

I had my happiest times and spent most of my childhood where this photo was taken – at my great-nana and grandpa’s flat in Bradford. Mum had me when she was really young, and my dad wasn’t around, so they helped to raise me. They were the ones who got me into magic. They also liked to smoke Benson & Hedges.

Continue reading...

Post a Comment

0 Comments