Hot Posts

6/recent/ticker-posts

Pinkpantheress: ‘I don’t think I’m very brandable. I dress weird. I’m shy’

She may have conquered TikTok, and then the Billboard charts, but the UK pop phenom is still learning how to be herself in public. As she releases her debut album she discusses her rapid rise, and which of her viral hits are ‘crap’

PinkPantheress no longer cares what people think of her. When she released her lo-fi breakout tracks Break it Off and Pain on TikTok in early 2021, aged just 19, she did so anonymously, partly out of fear of being judged. Now, almost three years later, the 22-year-old is at the other end of the spectrum. “Opinions? How people perceive me? I just don’t care any more.”

It can be liberating for an artist to approach the pressures of being in the limelight with a nonchalance, but the musician is worried it may be turning into full-blown apathy. “How have I gone from caring so much to not caring at all?” she asks herself with a hint of concern. “Sometimes I sit in my room and I’m worried that I’ve lost the capacity to care. To some people it sounds ideal, but it can end up being bad for you.” How so? “I need to care because I need to present myself nicely sometimes. I’m trying to find the balance.”

Continue reading...

Post a Comment

0 Comments